Over 50 years ago a little known American author and entrepreneur, Dr. Joseph Murphy released an epic best-seller “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind” where he suggests practical yet actionable life-changing techniques through which one can change one’s destiny, principally by focusing and redirecting this innate energy.
The following are a few key themes that are used throughout the book and will help to understand Murphy’s list of reasons and actionable tips.
The Higher Self is a source of positive thoughts and positive energy.
The Chatterbox is the part of us that tries to drive us crazy.
The Conscious Mind sends orders to the Subconscious Mind based on the information it gets from either the Higher Self or the Chatterbox.
The Subconscious Mind does not question or judge.
We can train it to choose from either the Higher Self or the Chatterbox. Your mind can choose to listen to your Chatterbox blabbering away with all kinds of self-defeating negativity, or it can choose to listen to your Higher Self, which is self-affirming, loving, giving and abundant.
You must realize that you do have a Chatterbox within; and you have more, including the Higher Self. Neither one is right or wrong. Each simply gives you a different experience of life. If you listen to the
Chatterbox, your experience of life is fear-producing, and you stop yourself from expanding. If you listen to the Higher Self, your experience of life is joyful and abundant and devoid of fear.
You, like everyone else, are an expert at listening to your Chatterbox. Your task is now to become an expert at listening to your Higher Self. Then true choice will be possible.
1. Infinite riches are all around you if you will open your mental eyes and behold the treasure of infinity within you. There is a gold mine within you from which you can extract everything you need to live life gloriously, joyously, and abundantly. Whatever you want, you can draw forth.
2. You can bring into your life more power, more wealth, more health, more happiness, and more joy by learning to contact and release the hidden power of your subconscious mind. You need not acquire this power; you already possess it.1
3. Within your subconscious depths lie infinite wisdom, infinite power, and infinite supply of all that is necessary, which is waiting for development and expression.
4. Within your subconscious mind you will find the solution for every problem, from mental illness to preventing medical debt, and the cause for every effect.
5. All your experiences, events, conditions, and acts are the reactions of your subconscious mind to your thoughts.
6. Busy your mind with the concepts of harmony, health, peace, and good will, and wonders will happen in your life.
7. A knowledge of the interaction of your conscious and subconscious mind will enable you to transform your whole life. The conscious mind is life the navigator or captain at the bridge of a ship. He directs the ship and signals orders to the men in the engine room, who in turn control all the boilers, instruments, gauges,etc. The men in the engine room do not know where they are going; they follow orders. They would go on the rocks if the man on the bridge issued faulty or wrong instructions based on his findings with the compass, sextant, or other instruments. The men in the engine room obey him because he is in charge and issues orders which are automatically obeyed. Members of the crew do not talk back to the1 captain; they simply carry our orders. Your conscious mind is the captain and master of your ship, which represents your body, environment, and all your affairs. Your subconscious mind takes the orders you give it based on what your conscious mind believes and accepts as true. You are like a captain navigating a ship. You must give the right orders (thoughts and images) to your conscious mind which governs and controls all your experiences. Your subconscious mind works twenty-four hours a day.